Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Country?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Armenia, starting in April 2021.
- Contribute to political and economic reporting and analysis (in English);
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and write summary reports;
- Independently execute tasks;
- Do research on various topics, translate from /into English-Armenian (applies to Armenian applicants only)
- Liaise with third parties under the supervision of the Head of Section and the Political Officer
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Citizens of the host country, nationals from the EU Member States or States which have signed an accession agreement with the EU
- Young graduates with at least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent)
- Maximum one year of professional experience.
- No previous experience of more than six weeks in the EU Institutions.
- Good working knowledge of Russian would be a strong asset
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegationemail@example.com(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an Application Form for funded traineeship
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – P&I Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.